The Kamalbe Teaching Internship Programme
is now open for application.
If you have always wanted to experience the life of a teacher, here is your chance to do so! Teaching interns will have the rare opportunity to experience what it takes to be a teacher – from drafting lesson plans, classroom teaching, attending meetings, organising school functions to being in charge.
Spanish Fluent necessary. If you still need to improve you are welcome to join us to one of our Spanish programmes.
For more information and to apply, please contact us email@example.com
Current volunteer opportunities include:
Board Committee Member: Lend us your legal, financial, or fundraising expertise by joining a Board Committee.
Office Volunteer: Help us do research, create display materials, complete mailings, enter data, and carry out a variety of other office tasks. (Commitment to a regular schedule and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Internet are required.
Technical Assistance Volunteer: Help us manage our website, design electronic documents, or troubleshoot computer problems. If you have experience with Dreamweaver, or you love working with iMovie or Final Cut, we need your expertise!
PR Assistant: Create and distribute news articles and press releases to get the word out about Kamalbe’s work.
YP Liaison: Research and connect Kamalbe with the multitude of Young Professional groups in the area that fundraise and volunteer for charities.
Translators: Provide occasional translation services to the organization. If you are fluent in Spanish and English and you have a computer, you can even volunteer from home! (Preference will be given to volunteers familiar with the intricacies of Guatemalan Spanish.)
Video Editing Volunteer: Help us create and edit promotional and educational videos about Kamalbe’s work in Guatemala.
Computer skills required, especially familiarity with video editing programs such as Final Cut or iMovie.
Please if you would like to volunteer your time at the communities, please tell us about your interests, talents, and availability by contacting David Mazariegos at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-41062539 or visiting www.xelaspanish.org
This internship is 2 months minimum, and can be completed at any time during the year.
This internship position requires a donation of USD$200 in total for the 2 months, which will be shared between the host organization and school supplies expenses for the volunteers.
his includes the internship placement, pre-departure
contact support, a pre-departure information package about Guatemala, contact support while in
Guatemala, monthly and final work evaluations by the internship supervisor, a certificate of completion,
Additionally, we will strive to fulfill any bureaucratic functions we can, like filling in additional forms for universities, taking into account our capacities as a small, non-profit NGO. This donation does not include your flights, health/travel
insurance and medical expenses, or living costs while here in Guatemala. Basic living expenses in
Quetzaltenango cost about USD$300 per month, including housing and food.
To apply, contact David Mazariegos at email@example.com
Social Media and Communications Intern
The Social Media & Communications Intern will work in collaboration with Kamalbe Spanish School & Volunteer Center Director.
The intern needs to have experience in at least one of the following: website design and development, video editing, graphic design, social media development and management, journalism, and/or photojournalism. The intern’s background (i.e. web design vs. video editing) will determine the exact parameters of their responsibilities and tasks.
Responsibilities will be tailored to the specific intern, and will include, but are not limited to:
• Website design and management
• Design of promotional material
• Graphic design of logos, banners, etc.
• Updating social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Compiling information/statistics/photos that can be used on our social media sites
• Traveling on foot to see the clinic’s programs first-hand
• Photographing/filming various activities
• Networking with local and international NGOs to procure contacts and resources for the organization
• Participating in in-country fundraising efforts
• A two month minimum time commitment.
• Availability to work 4-5 hours a day, Monday through Friday.
• Basic, functional Spanish and an interest to improve upon that Spanish level.
• Willingness to work in a rural area with individuals from a low socio-economic background.
• Respect for other cultures and value systems.
• Flexibility and willingness to travel on public transport and by foot as needed.
• Previous experience in social media/communications fields.
• Strong English-language writing skills.
• Access to a personal computer. Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Previous experience working with NGOs.
• Computer proficiency, especially on Microsoft office including Microsoft Word and Excel.